God has a plan for whosoever will. And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross, and follow me. (Mark 8:34)
And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely (Rev 22:17)
Here is how to have the assurance that you are a Whosoever will.
1. Ps. 37:3-4,7-- Trust in the Lord, not in what others think or say. Do not rely upon your own fantasies. Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him. (Jer. 17:5 tells us that we are cursed if we trust in mankind instead of God.)
2. John 2:17-- Know what stirs your passion, drive, and zeal. (Jesus cleansing the temple)
3. Romans 12:3-8-- Know what flows easily (or naturally) concerning your gifts and talents. Know what your part of the body is and its function. Each member functions to serve the body, not the body to serve the members. It is important to think and have sound judgment about yourself in evaluating the gifts of God and their functions or purposes. Not all have the same function. The grace-gifts (charismata) are according to God's grace (charis).
Paul lists the seven gifts here.
4. Proverbs 11:14, 18:1-- Abundance of counselors makes victory sure. Seek counsel from mature Christian friends and leaders.
5. Romans 8:14-16-- Listen to the witness of the Holy Ghost in your inner-man.
6. Know what you can give totally. Did you know that the Bible has two John 3:16's in it? If Jesus laid down His life for us in John 3:16 -- and we are "sons of God" (Rom. 8:14), then we ought to lay down our life for the brothers in 1 John 3:16. ["Life" here meaning lifestyle of giving material possession, etc.] (1 John 3:16-18).
7. Know what produces good fruit. (Matthew 12:32-33), Words reveal character.
8. Follow the "umpire" of your heart when He calls those close ones for you (Colossians 3:15 AMP).
Our greatest mission in life is not to establish or satisfy our own dreams and goals. Our mission is to seek God, find His plan and purpose for our lives, and then go for it with all of our being. Most people who are unhappy do not feel they are fulfilling any purpose or destiny. Many are merely trying to be like someone else.
Whatever your role in life, whatever your calling or vocation, God has a great plan for your life that will offer the maximum fulfillment you can experience on earth.
It is not words alone that nourish the soul, but God Himself. Without a personal relationship and experience, you can have the truth and still not benefit. -- A. W. Tozer